i didn't want to completely change it. i don't think it needed it, so i cut off about two inches all the way around that was completely rotted, retooled the dovetails, put it back together and gave it a coat of wax to keep the original patina as intact as possible.
since i ended up using a new piece of wood for the bottom, i decided to line it with a piece of an old painting on board. a great idea that liz had :)
the before shot on this doesn't quite exist....because, well i just plain forgot to take it. i really love these three new paint colors we recently picked up and just had to see them together on one project.
sometimes you have this vision in your head and you know it will take a while to execute. this sure did, getting in underneath the chair with three different colors, but well worth the payoff!