Wednesday, January 5

turquoise hutch


this hutch was in desperate need of a real makeover!


voila! i went with a rich turquoise color. i love the juxtaposition of of a bright, rich color against one of these older pieces of furniture.



i wanted to do something different inside instead of painting or adding paper. i had this great piece of vintage printed burlap laying around and the marriage of the two were meant to be.


the details on this piece are fantastic and with the addition of the paint, they really shine!

8 comments:

Moe said...

I love this. It is so gorgeous. I don't think I'd have the patience to redo furniture. I am an instant person. I love the way you've lined the back as well!

happy Wednesday!

sticksandbricksjustin said...

thanks moe!

Stephanie D. said...

This is quite beautiful, I love that it has a slightly worn look in the paint! I really want to find a piece of furniture to do this with =)

Dani said...

i love this. And I have some of that westmorland milkglass, to go with...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job! .....smiles.

Anonymous said...

I like the turquoise on this piece of furniture--it turns the hutch into a piece of art for the home. Having said that, however, I despise the burlap lining. The colors don't match. The blues in the burlap are not even close to the blue of the turquoise and the colors clash badly. A fabric with turquoise in it would have been so much better.

Colleen said...

Nice color. I like it. I really love your design. Keep on posting more.


Seattle Real Estate

Anonymous said...

This hutch looks fantastic in my kitchen! A perfect POP of color in my otherwise white/grey room. We use it to store pastas and snack foods in. So unique and functional.