Thursday, January 20

dresser lovin'


not even the pepto-pink of this refinishing project could turn me away! the dresser itself had great bones and all in all was in good structural shape.


i wanted to create a finish with a lot of texture while not going too over the top with color.


it was a multi-step process for sure. first i stripped off as much of all that old paint as i could (4 layers!!!) . then i opted for a couple of different colors in the grey and blue family. a little distressing, a lite covering of a dark stain in places to pull it all together and some new brushed metal knobs bring this old piece back to life!

3 comments:

knack said...

love the weathered look of this piece!

...p.s. I got my earrings in the mail yesterday!! I LOVE them and am wearing them today!

Thank you so much!

sticksandbricksjustin said...

thanks barb! glad you like the earrings :-)

Colleen said...

Beautiful dresser I like it.


Seattle Real Estate